Thursday, July 18, 2013

Why are we living in the past?

Recently I read another report that exposes the evils of mankind and how we treated people who behaved and looked different then the ones who came to help them. My thoughts filled with discuss that we would treat one another in what I call evil ways. Certainly we have our differences in food, way of life, beliefs due to our ancestral heritage. What concerns me is the absence of all the good things that were done in the past for people who are different from those who are in charge. 
There are many good things that were accomplished by providing a safe environment and means to improve their lifestyle. There are many testimonies of positive outcomes to the same people who were in the same circumstances. Do you hear of these accounts being reported by researchers and news media? We are all guilty of living off the awful events in our past then looking forward to our future. A future built on the evils of the past will only be judged by the future generations in the steps they took. You reap what you sow! A future built on the good things of the past will move people forward with a rosier outlook in their future.
We encourage our children to continue on their education and even to surpass what they had achieved. This is one example of looking at the good of the past. I hope that you can think of some good things in your past that you would want to build into your future. Recently I watched a program on tv called "Alaska State Trooper" and the comment from one Eskimo revealed his reasons for his behaviour that he did not want to raise his children in the volatile and drunken environment of his parents. He wanted a better life for his children. One of many who are tired of living with residual of the evil from the past.
Let us learn from the past and not be guilty of repeating the past. Repeating the past happens when we blame everyone for our conditions. I agree that they are guilty as charged but they are probably dead and nothing can be changed from their evil actions. No money can restore the time that was taken, or the evil acts imposed and the humiliation inflicted. Apologies has been so used up that they mean little so they now want money and when that wears out what will be the next step -- reversal of roles.
So what is the answer? Never pay evil for evil but use good against evil. Maybe there are some steps that will help you arrive at a place where you can begin to be healed. True healing is meant for the one  who it is happened to and not to second generation. The reason the next generation feel the same as the afflicted generation has to do with a transfer and not a direct affliction. The parents told the kids and now the kids tell their kids and so on. The parents are guilty of afflicting their own children with a burden they themselves could not carry. Some people carry the wounds of their ancestors and my question is why? We should be careful what we tell our children because we will be found guilty of racism from our comments in the future when they read and explore the evil that this generation has imposed on the people who had nothing to do with the evils of their ancestors, it will start all over again. One way of stopping evil is with good (only God is good).  
If we look closely into our lives we will find evil behaviour that is identified by words like bullying, stealing, lying, misrepresenting, imposing our views-ideas-way of life, providing biased reports and the list goes on. One thing I know is that Jesus died for my sins and He has paid the penalty for my evil acts (sins). Now I can live free from the past and have a positive outlook for the future. I cannot change the evil of my past with evil but I am able to change my evil past with the goodness of God's influences in my todays. If I apology then I mean it. If I make restitutions it is because I want to and not because I have to.You may take me to court and force me to make restitutions but that will not stop there.  All this to say that life is difficult enough so why not look to the teaching of Christ? He went to the cross but his disciples applied this evil in a good manner. Jesus loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment